Burst of Blooms
A Digital Floral Design Contest for Teachers
The Texas State Florists' Association (TSFA) and the Texas Floral Endowment are pleased to present an online floral design competition exclusively for teachers! To be considered, submit your entry before the May 1 deadline. Winners will be announced at TSFA's dinner and design presentation on Sunday, July 21, prior to the ATAT conference in Dallas.
A suggested $25 donation for each entry will help fund the Kassie Baker TMFA Memorial Scholarship. Prizes include:
- First Place — $250, a one-year TSFA membership or renewal and an award banner.
- Second Place — $150, a one-year TSFA membership or renewal and a ribbon.
- Third Place — $100, a one-year TSFA membership or renewal and a ribbon.
Certificates will be awarded for the top 10 designs. Only the first 100 submissions will be considered.
Create the winning design using your favorite flowers and incorporating the "Burst of Blooms" theme. To be considered, you must:
- Create a single floral design to illustrate what the "Burst of Blooms" theme means to you.
- Use any combination of fresh, dried or permanent (silk) botanicals.
- Limit the cost of your design to $75 or less, including the container and materials.
- Ensure the background you select for your photo enhances your design and does not detract from your creativity. No watermark, name or other identifying marks may appear in your photo.
- Submit a photo and description of your design by May 1 using the official online entry form. The suggested donation may also be submitted with your entry.
Membership in TSFA is not required for participation. The contest is open to all high school floral design teachers. There is a limit of one entry per competitor.
Submit Your Entry
Grower/Wholesale Website Sponsors