NEW FLORAL DESIGN CURRICULUM AVAILABLE! VISIT CURRICULUM PAGE OR CALL THE TSFA OFFICE AT 512-834-0361 FOR MORE DETAILS!
Building Tomorrow's Workforce TSFA Certifies High School Students in Floral Design
Retail florists are always looking for floral designers who know how to create the basic designs needed in a shop on a daily basis. TSFA has begun to fulfill this need by the development in 2004, of the Texas High School Certification program. This certification program allows school districts to provide more value to their diploma and helps provide young, enthusiastic floral designers to meet the retail florist needs!
Requirements for the certification are enrollment and completion of the year long Texas Education Agency approved floral design curriculum and passing a TSFA approved written exam and the design of two floral pieces in a timed setting. For additional information of the Student Floral Certification, check our online guide.
- Open to all High School students with a semester and a half of Floral Design.
- Must enroll by deadline date. Each location has its own deadline. Please check the registration form.
- Check the Classes/Workshop page for updated information
- $100 Testing Fee, if not receiving scholarship by application deadline
- Must pass 100 question Knowledge Based Online exam: true/false, short answer, multiple choice, fill in the blank
- Need #2 pencil
- Must pass judging criteria for symmetrical design and boutonniere
To register, send in the appropriate registration form below:
The following dates and locations have been confirmed for 2019
Please pay attention to the due dates listed on the registration forms and above. Each date is set to allow for time to order product and supplies. No registration forms will be accepted after the listed date!
For more information, telephone the Texas State Florists' Association at 512-834-0361.